Friday 7 September 2012

Just one Moment

It was yet another normal Friday work wise. Each working day doesn't differ too much from another except for Fridays and Mondays which have a special place in everyone's life. We all go through our Manic Mondays and Freaky Fridays. No wonder "The Bangles" decided to sing about it and "Mary Rodgers" wrote a book.

Sometimes all we do is live in moments and forget everything that happened before or after - just like today.
I got out of office earlier than most days. It was about 6:05 pm and i was scurrying to meet my dad since he had come to pick me up. I was having a random conversation with Pravin and that's when i noticed - the most beautiful sight in a long long time.

I just stopped, right in front of the main gate and couldn't contain my excitement. Next thing i knew i was almost jumping up and down like a kid in a candy store.I tried to speed dial the last few numbers i had called
but everyone seemed to be interested in talking to someone else but me. Since it was drizzling and i had the pedometer to save as well, i made Mr. Banker hold half my stuff while i got the umbrella to open. After i managed that, we decided to click a picture of the "Rainbow" - which to my delight turned out to be quite good.
 Will put up the picture once i receive it from Pravin.

 Just as i was completely mesmerized and enchanted by the Rainbow - it began to fade and i was then jolted back to into reality by the honking of cars and bikes. It was then  that i realized how important it is to be at the right place at the right time. For those who didn't know there was a rainbow in the sky today it wouldn't matter much but i am sure if i would have been told about it after it had passed i would have regretted not seeing it.

John Keats wrote: A Thing of Beauty is a Joy Forever.. and indeed it is and you realize it in Just  that One Moment.

2 comments:

  1. I like this story Karen. Now that I think about it I have about 1000-1500 pics from India and NONE are of a rainbow...what are the chances of that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it brings you joy, cherish it!

    ReplyDelete